Red Series

Friday 1 December 2017

Netflix Nation: The Punisher Review

Related image

Review

Wow. I don't know where to begin. A gem of an idea turned into at best, a mid-level shoot them up. Because so much outside of kicking ass goes wrong in this series. But there's still some greatness under all the bruises. Netflix really half-assed on this one.

Image result for punisher netflix

Overall to me The Punisher had great potential but turned into a half intriguing show, half muddled mess. The first three episodes (more precisely two and a half episodes, the last half of three heats up pretty good) are pretty painful to get through. A few episodes are absolute gems though and even the lesser episodes have epic moments in the latter half. Characters like Micro, Curtis and Bobby seem the best out of the bunch to me once not focused on Frank. Each has their role to play and do it perfectly. Karen also drops in and has her moments. Frank's still haunted by the loss of his family and the overwhelming need to make those who caused their deaths pay. Those on the side of the law play their part and the bad guys go from good to great, to over the top. Except Lewis who was an absolute dumpster fire. This arc should have been left on the cutting room floor. No, thrown in the furnace.

On a whole I think the enjoyment with this show will depend on how you feel about the set up. Personally the whole series could have been done in six episodes cutting out all the boring subplots and poor writing and pacing. If like me the poor pacing grates your nerves and the thirteen episode slog was unnecessary, it will be hard to love. If you don't care and love The Punisher no matter what, then you will enjoy it. My Recommendation is 'Buyer be Ware'. The Punisher is not unwatchable but you might want to go in prepared. Daredevil Season Two did such a great job introducing us to The Punisher. Hopefully future showings of him will be better than what we get here.

Rating: C (but a few episodes are better on their own, none are worse than first three)

P.S.: My birthday on Wednesday (November 29) was a fun time. More next week.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten very far into the episodes for that very reason. I guess not all NetFlix shows can be winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this show, but is that Shane from The Walking Dead? I hated his character on TWD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad your birthday was more fun and a lot less painful (hopeful not painful at all) than the show.
    Happy Friday and weekend, Sheena-kay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!!! I've been on the fence about watching this one, and after reading this, I think I'll dive into other ones on my list first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...